Parish HistorySt. John Vianney Parish was established in June 1955 by proclamation of Bishop William P. O'Conner, then the Bishop of the Diocese of Madison. Fr. Gilbert Carlton was the first pastor.
The present site of the parish was purchased and the school building was constructed during 1955-56. The gymnasium in the school doubled as the church until 1964 when the present site was dedicated. Four classrooms, a library, and an audio-visual room were added to the school in 1960.
In 2002, a church expansion project was completed and the church was rededicated. The new addition created a gathering space outside the old church doors and a parish center area for receptions and meetings.
Presently, St. John Vianney has over 1300 families who partake in the various religious, educational and social activities of the parish.